Lead Organization: Securities Commission Malaysia
The Securities Commission Malaysia (SC) will be participating and supporting IOSCO in its efforts by conducting several activities during that week.These initiatives include:
- Screening of a short animation feature on scam awareness that will be screened nationally in leading cinemas in 7 major states including Negeri Sembilan, Johor, Perak, Sarawak and Klang Valley. The last frame of the video will also feature the WIW logo.
In addition, the video will also be featured in SC Malaysia's social media platforms such as SC's Twitter account as well as leveraging on SC Malaysia's investor education brand, InvestSmart® website, Facebook, Youtube, Instagram and mobile app.
- As a foundation for investment literacy, SC Malaysia will be showcasing financial planners during WIW. Hence, a live Facebook stream will be broadcasting a panel discussion on spreading awareness on the benefits of financial planning for all Malaysians. The stage set-up of the livestream will feature the WIW logo and buntings.
- Additionally, SC Malaysia has reached out to its stakeholders through Bursa Malaysia, Federation of Investment Managers, Private Pension Administrator Malaysia and the relevant associates and affiliates of these organisations to join in on the efforts for WIW. SC Malaysia has encouraged our associates and affiliates to participate in IOSCO's WIW by focussing their investor education and awareness programmes during that week. This may include efforts to feature the WIW logo in their promotion and marketing efforts and all other communications.
Website(s): http://www.sc.com.my/general_section/investor-affairs | http://www.investsmartsc.my
World Investor Week Coordinator(s): Vanitha Mahadevan
Other Participating Organizations in Malaysia:
• Securities Industry Dispute Resolution Center (SIDREC - www.sidrec.com.my)
• Financial Planning Association of Malaysia (FPAM - www.fpam.org.my)
• Securities Industry Development Centre (SIDC - www.sidc.com.my)